Balancing the body, mind and spirit to promote good health was the principal belief of Joseph Pilates.
His Classical Pilates consisted of a set of challenging exercises, taught in a strict order and amount of repetitions, providing the fit and healthy body with a very challenging, not to be missed workout.
My Physio Led Pilates classes modifies the Classical Pilates routine to make these effective exercises accessible to anyone. I will:
- Instruct you how to activate your layers of core muscles, from deep to superficial, so that you can safely increase loading of the spine.
- Show you how relax your muscles and mobilise your body to allow you to move safely and freely.
- Prompt you how to breathe during exercises.
- Teach you to find your neutral spine and posture.
- Train your core muscles to naturally activate in their supportive role of your spine.
- Give you an effective workout every time!
My effective exercise classes are low impact and will focus on your core stability, strength, flexibility, breathing and posture. You do not need to have exercised recently or regularly to take part.
Come and join me so I can give you the confidence that you need to let your body move as freely and easily as it was designed to.